Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Predicting the Outcome: Chalk up another in the L Column

Fisher v. Texas was decided today, and they basically punted it back to the lower courts without overturning Affirmative Action. Which goes contrary to my expectation that they would strike down Affirmative Action. So I have to mark one of my previous predictions as erroneous.

Predictions Outstanding: 2 (Marissa Meyer, Michael Dell)

Predictions Vindicated: 2 (2012 Presidential election , Joe Flacco)

Predictions Erroneous: 2 (Romney Veepstakes, Fisher v Texas)

I forgot to mention that I had correctly predicted Joe Flacco's guaranteed amount (within 15%) on his contract negotiations with the Ravens. So that'll even out my prediction average. Unfortunately, I had hoped to be north of .500 by the time Fisher v Texas was handed down. But oh well.

I've been meaning to get a new piece out here but the remodeling job that recently started on my bathroom has made my condo an unexceptionally unappealing place to be in for extended periods of time so I haven't had many opportunities to write. I do plan on having another piece out either tomorrow or Wednesday, though.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to it, and the return of "The Newsroom" counterpoints next month!

    ReplyDelete