Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

The Dreaded Recommended Reading List

I hate it when blogs do this, but these last few days have been really busy for me, so I haven't had time to craft a semi-decent post in a while.

To tide you guys over (all 5 of you), here's a list of links that I think you'd enjoy:

1. Megan McArdle on Arbitrage and Why We Love Being Conned: Megan McArdle is probably the most entertaining highbrow blog writer on the internet. I'm glad she's returned to writing and this is just another excellent piece she's written. It's on human nature, specifically the reason why people keep seeking shortcuts to prosperity. Hint: humans are greedy.

2. Slugfest - Does Romney Have What It Takes to Debate Obama?: A writer goes through all of Romney's debate tape and breaks down his strengths and weaknesses. Personally, I think both candidates will fight the debates to mostly a draw, with Romney coming out slightly ahead, so long as the fight is primarily about the economy.

3. The Rules of College Football Fandom: Since football season starts in just one week, I figure this is a good time to introduce you guys to the rules of college football fandom. Oh, and if you're an Ivy Leaguer and you follow a big football factory, you are not a college football fan and never will be. Just thought you should know.

Sorry, I know this is a quick copout. But I can't let two days past without an update. Hopefully you'll never see me resort to this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment